- Assist with the Torah Schedule (See Frank)
- Volunteer to assist with the children’s program. (See Katie)
- Donate school supplies (pens, paper, crayons, markers, glue sticks, and stickers-see Katie)
- Attention Parents! Clean up the children’s area/nursery before going home. (Sisterhood-see Sharon)
- Buying and refilling the water for upstairs (Sisterhood)
- Shaking & gathering tablecloths to launder (Sisterhood)
- Can you play an instrument? Do you sing or dance? (Contact Phil/Rabanit)
- Assist the worship team with pulling and filing music. (Sisterhood)
- Volunteer to manage overhead during Shabbat services. (Sisterhood)
OUTREACH: MITZVAH MATCH
One of the goals of the Tsemach Adonai Outreach Committee is to create or find opportunities to meet people in the Jewish community and build relationships. “Mitzvah Match” is the result.
“Mitzvah Match” was created to match “Chai House Residents that need tasks done in their apartments” with “Tsemach Adonai people who can do the job”.
Chai House is a Senior Residential Community in San Jose, with a population that is approximately 40% Jewish. Doing mitzvot is an opportunity to reach out with “good deeds”: ‘to the Jew first and also to the Gentile’, and meet people on a “one-on-one” basis, begin communication and possibly, give an invitation to visit Tsemach in the future.
If you would like to become part of this Outreach, please speak to Savta, or another member of the Outreach Committee: R. Charlie, Kayla, or Sharon. We’ll all meet and brainstorm together to make this work. All active participants will get a Mitzvah Match tee shirt.
Wednesday evening, September 20th
Erev Rosh HaShanah Festive Meal
6:00 PM setup 6:30 PM start pot-luck dinner
Thursday, September 21 st
11:30 AM Rosh HaShanah Morning Service
Pot-luck lunch following service
Tashlich Ceremony at Wildwood Park, Saratoga.
Following lunch. Bring shofar and bread crumbs!
Kol Nidrei Service
Friday evening, September 29 th – 6:30 PM
Saturday, September 30th
11:30 AM Shabbat- Shacharit Service Yom Kippur
Yizkor (Remembrance) following morning service
Sanctuary open for prayer and meditation
4:30 PM - Open discussion, prophet Jonah
6:30 PM - N'ilah Service, “Break-fast” to follow (potluck)
Wednesday evening, October 4th
Afternoon, set up Sukkah and decorate!
6:30 PM - Erev Sukkot Service (informal in Sukkah, with Lulav, Etrog, and Pizza!)
Sh'mini Atzeret and Simchat Torah
Wednesday, October 11 th – 6:30 PM Reading, Rolling and Rejoicing Service followed by light potluck. Please bring ready-to- serve food only.
Tuesday Night Study 7:00pm
1st: 9/5-Bible study with Elder John/Prayer with Savta/Yudit
2nd: 9/12-Rabbi Cohen-“Shadows of the Messiah”
3rd: 9/19 - Prayer with Savta/Yudit
4th: 9/26 - R. Cohen- Shadows of the Messiah
Women’s Bible Study
2:00 p.m. Youth Room (near playground.)
10/21/2017 3:00 p.m.