Who we are
Our congregation’s name, “Tsemach Adonai,” is Hebrew for “Branch (or shoot) of the Lord,” as referred to in Isaiah 4:2:
“In that day the Branch of the L-rd shall be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped.”
Tsemach Adonai is one of a growing worldwide family of Messianic Jewish kehilot that serve Yeshua HaMashiach (Hebrew name for Jesus, the Messiah).
Messianic Judaism rekindles the spirit of the first century Jewish community of Nazarenes, who followed Yeshua and believed in him as the long-awaited One. Messianic Judaism is a Torah-based Judaism grounded in the Bible.
Our Core Values
- The Tanakh and B’rit Chadashah contain all we need for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness. Our traditions are based on and conform to the Scriptures
- We recognize the Jewishness of our faith and seek to practice our Judaism in such a way as to be a light in our community and to the world.
- We seek to identify with the remnant of Israel throughout time and into eternity.
- We desire to share the Messianic Hope with all humankind and will, therefore, avoid divisiveness in minor issues, seeking to discuss rather than debate.
- The whole of G-d’s plan for humankind is redemptive in purpose. The atoning work of Yeshua is the basis for G-d’s grace towards us which is entirely unmerited.
You can tell a lot about a congregation not only by reading about it, but by observing it. That way, you can discern what its values are. At Kehilat Tsemach Adonai, we place an emphasis on “kehilah” (Hebrew for congregation).
We enjoy getting together not only for Shabbatot, festivals and other holidays, but for lifecycle events, birthdays and other social activities. We even like getting together informally when there’s no particular reason!